It all started with a sad little orange tree trying to find it’s voice in this world. Never would it have imagined that it’s sweet citrus could cross the boarders of three cuisines to become a romantic statement of the times. I apologize that I tend to get a bit poetic about my recipes. This one speaks to me about possibilities and hidden greatness. Just like the plain oranges from my backyard tree, I too, sometimes forget how much I have to offer. I hope when you make this drink you reflect on all that is amazing about yourself, too!
This is an Italian Garibaldi Cocktail kissed with Mexican Tequila and infused with Asian Chai spice. This recipe calls for a garnish of Dehydrated Oranges with Sweet Chai, but you can also use a more traditional fresh slice of orange, too. We all need a little sugar and spice to balance all of the bitterness from this past year. The bitterness of the Campari liqueur blends smoothly with the sweet citrus and flavorful spices. This cocktail is a refreshing combination that just makes you take a deep cleansing breath, leaving work behind and welcoming the evening conversation.
Salud and Cheers!
Garibaldi Kiss Cocktail
- 2 Oranges juiced About 5 oz of fresh squeezed juice
- 1.5 oz Campari
- .5 oz Tequila
- 1 Dehydrated Orange slice for garnish
- Chai spice mix a sprinkle on top
- Slice oranges and juice them
- Add Campari and Tequila in a glass with ice
- Blend the orange juice then pour over the Campari, Tequila and ice
- Garnish with a fresh orange slice or a dehydrated chai spiced orange slice.
- Dust or sprinkle a little chai spice mix